A few months ago, I shared with you my personal list of fall’s must-have accessories . Now that fall will soon be winter, I’m thinking about how I can use accessories to make sure my favorite looks are keeping up with the latest trends. Because I work with jewelry, I tend to pay just as much attention to the necklaces and earrings that walk down the designer runways as I do the blouses, dresses, and coats. And I never underestimate the transformative power of an accessory!
Here’s my top five runway-inspired items that I’d love to add to my personal jewelry box to keep my wardrobe looking fresh and up-to-date for this winter season:
1. A great pair of chunky stud earrings. This look continues to dominate the runway as well as the sidewalks here in Chicago. I am loving the 80’s throwback vibe of many of the season’s accessory trends. My top pick: this pair from our Antique Button collection.
2. A choker or collar. While chunky chokers are all the rage with designers right now, I love the versatility of a Sterling Silver collar instead. You get the same silhouette and structure, but a collar won’t look dated when you pull it out of your jewelry box next season. Added bonus: you can add a pendant to change the look to match your outfit.
3. Pearls! Sure, Pearls are a timeless choice, but they are also THE hot trend of the moment. I already have a classic strand pf pearls I inherited from my grandmother, but I definitely need this chunky Pearl ring to update my options.
4. Brooches once again walked down the runway for this season after also making appearances in many winter collections last year. As a Chicagoan, I’m always looking for a way to spruce up my outerwear and show my style, even in subzero weather. This trend can be taken to a different level by wearing a cluster of brooches on a sweater or lapel. What a fun way to add some personality to a staple piece!
5. Statement duster earrings like the ones seen on the runway of Narcisco Rodriguez are a personal favorite of mine, and I already have several pairs. I never miss an opportunity to add a new pair of colorful Nick Vaverko cattle horn earrings to my collection.
Which of these trends is your favorite? I’d love to hear what you’ll be wearing this winter!