Back to Basics: Building Your Jewelry Box From Scratch
Imagine a world where you don’t own a single piece of jewelry. Okay, you don’t have to imagine for too long . . . I know, it’s a little scary! What pieces would you buy first? The thought occurred to me when I was talking about some throwback staples such as brooches, lockets, and cameos, that there are probably plenty of women who don’t own what I consider to be my jewelry staples – the pieces I think every woman should have, regardless of how often they change their jewelry or how much jewelry they already own. So without further ago here they are:Helene’s All Time Top five jewelry staples
1) The classic sterling silver hoop. Hoops have gone through several rounds of trends lately, but I think a small-to-medium sized Sterling hoop is the best value for your money. They go with everything, can dress up or down, and never go out of style.
2) The birthstone pendant. Worn on a basic chain, the birthstone pendant is a personalized way to finish off any outfit. I am an August birthday, so a Peridot pendant is a must. Hate your birthstone? Try your zodiac stone. Shop in our web store or stop by any Local Charm studio and we can show you some great options!
3) The cocktail ring. If you only have one ring, make it fantastic! A large ring shows off a new manicure (or maybe takes attention away from a chipped one!). It can be any stone, or just sterling silver, if that’s more your style.
4) A cuff or bangle bracelet. These add a touch of modern structure to any outfit. Bonus points if you get several and stack them together for a bohemian chic look. I am always amazed at the versatility of cuffs and bangles.
5) The statement necklace. Even women who think that “big jewelry” isn’t there thing are always shocked at the transformative power of a statement necklace. Jeans and a t-shirt? Add a statement necklace and all of a sudden you have a thoughtful casual look perfect for brunch. Little black dress? Add a statement necklace and no one will notice you’ve worn that same dress to two other weddings this summer.
What are your all time top five jewelry staples? I want to hear from you!